- Beijing Daxing International Airport is a planned new international airport serving Beijing.
- It is being built in Daxing District and parts of Guangyang District in Langfang, Hebei, located 46 km south of the city centre.
- The new airport is expected to serve Beijing, Tianjin and Hebei and will cover an area of 2,680 hectares.
- At Rmb40 billion ($11 billion) this is the biggest airport investment and construction project in China, and it is being developed by Capital Airport Holding Company—a subsidiary of China Airport Construction Group Corporation of CAAC.
- Construction on the airport began on 26 December 2014, and the projected completion date for the new airport is September 2019.
Adam Majeed - Regional editor